Friday, November 11, 2005

The flesh is not willing

Raya this time was uneventful like always. The only difference was instead of having nasi himpit and kuah kacang for breakfast, lunch and dinner, I didn't have any. I don't know why. Maybe I knew that this year's kuah kacang was tasteless. It turned out that the kacang tumbuk my mum bought to make things easier was spoiled. So there goes a pot of kuah kacang down the drain. Thankfully my sister brought some and the future in-laws gave us some as well. So I did get to eat nasi himpit and kuah kacang, just that one time. I prefer ketupat actually. But I compensate my breakfast lunch and dinner with lemang because this year my mum make rendang tok... very nice Image hosted by Photobucket.com.

This year I also seem to have a hightened appetite for kuih raya. I didn't get to make any this year. I always make at least on type of kuih raya every year, except this one. I don't know why. Could be the new job or maybe it's because I'm blogging this year Image hosted by Photobucket.com.

Kids coming over are a bit lesser. I don't know if it was because they've learn the value of being decorous or I wasn't around when they came. I went to work one fine Saturday morning, the third day of raya thank you very much Image hosted by Photobucket.com. I don't know if it's just me, because I'm such an anti-social, but I find it annoying when kids from God-knows-where just knock on your door. I'm sure that they don't know who you are anyway and just came over for the money. I've even had some who came in with shabby clothes, sweating like a pig. I was wondering if they gathered for their normal playmeet and when they get tired they just thought,
"Wei, jom gi raya. Boleh makan lepas tu dapat duit lagi."
[Let's go visiting. Can eat and even get money after that]

So far I've only been to one house for raya, no open houses yet. But I'm sure the invitations will come any day now but then I probably would not be able to come because of the shift work. On the other hand, working here, I get to taste so many kuih raya Image hosted by Photobucket.com... even kuih Deepavali also got.

Other news...
To date I'm down to 11,446 word for my Nano... so far to go! And my spirit has suddenly dwindled. I felt like there's so many other stuff to do like finish the books that I started a long time ago, go out with friends with feeling guilty, watch more tv or take more naps. I kind of feel that no matter how hard I try, even if I write everyday, I won't be able to reach the target. But I also think that what if I got so close like getting to 45,000 words on the 29th? I know that I will bang my head for skipping a day of writing. If only they can extend the dateline Image hosted by Photobucket.com...

It's so hard to change your habit. All those years of doing academic writing has taught me to keep the sentences short and simple. That certainly will not work for Nano. My sentences don't make sense, my paragraphs are full of crap and discrepancies appear everywhere. Like would you talk a walk in the middle of the afternon summertime in New York?

Writing this post makes me realize.. I miss blogging.

10 comments:

Summersnail said...

ques. Kg Gal, what is rendang tok?

woh... 45K words :[ that cld be the length of a mini-thesis...

Desparil said...

go KG, go go go..

Kampung Gal said...

Rendang tok is a type of rendang originated from Perak. It's usually black and drier than the normal rendang. That's all I can say. But if you checkout a Malaysian cookbook, some should have a picture of it.

Yes... enough to make a thesis... and how long does it take to finish a thesis? Not 30 days!

Oreos said...

on the other hand, walking around central park wouldn't be too bad in summertime ;)

Anonymous said...

kalau RM2 ringgit untuk bagi budak2 nak berkira .YOU TAK ADA KELAS.What is the happiest thing in your life,make people HAPPY, STUPID.

Kampung Gal said...

apahal budak ni...
I think someone got RM1 for duit raya this year

Anonymous said...

HAVE YOU EVER READ DALE CARNEGIE BOOK?

Desparil said...

KG,

how's your nano?

Kampung Gal said...

anonymous, what do you think?

desparil, ermm... emm... still at 11,146... gave up already la...

Desparil said...

aisey... any chance for a review?