Friday, June 17, 2005

Talk about a revival

Man! Now that the juries out, I guess all the songs are out too. On Wednesday i swear that the radio was playing a Michael Jackson song every hour. I wonder what happens if the jury found him guilty. Will they all throw out his CDs out of the station's window?

Time for some other mediocre news and updates....

------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes! I did it! I went out and bought Keane's Hopes and Fears. It took quite some time for me to arrive to this decision. I'm afraid they will be another Coldplay. I borrowed their first album from a friend and after a few listens I just got bored with it. I was not too excited about the songs that were playing on the radio at that time anyway (But I still like Trouble).

As for Keane, I've heard 5 of the songs featured in this album and I love them all. So might as well buy the CD. It has a bonus DVD anyway. Thanks to all the stations who played different songs from their album instead of airing the same song over and over again. I'm listening to it while writing this, I can't believe that the simple combination of vocals, drums and keyboards can be so interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------
I also rented A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. I hope it can explain my infatuation with the movie.

--------------------------------------------------------
Dear Lionel,

Imajica was not that tough. It was too intriguing to be tough. I never heard that story before and I don't think I care actually. Who cares what he was eating, digesting or inhaling while writing Imajica? It sure was one hell of a story.

I read it like 8 years ago so I'm sorry to say that I cannot give a very eligible synopsis. All I can say is Imajica is Barker at his best. If you haven't read any of his works, he is known for very twisted, beyond horrifying visions with a dash of eroticism. Who else can envision those terrifying Cenobites or imagine that in a single yarn of an old carpet lies a whole village with its own residence, and the whole carpet is a whole new world altogether.

In Imajica he used all his secret ingredients and exercised all his special skills to present an interesting, well-balanced soup for the imaginative soul. It has adventure, mystery, thrills and even a love story. His special interest has always been that beyond this world we exist in there is another, maybe more worlds that we are not aware of. This theme is apparent in Weaveworld, The Hellbound Heart and his latest book, Abarat. It is also the theme for Imajica. This time we are faced with the possibilities that there are 4 more worlds out there and these worlds in addition to ours are supposed to be connected. However, something happened so long ago that our world (the one that we're living in) is separated with the other four. While the people from the other four Dominiins are free to travel through the four Dominions, we are left alone, ignorant and oblivious of the existence of these other worlds. They were all waiting for the day that all the Dominions will be together again but they must find the Maestro first for he is the only one who has the power to achieve this. I can't wait to red it again.

If you're still doubtful I suggest you rent or borrow instead of buying. If you find that it's not your cup of tea, you won't feel that it's such a waste.

This is the best that I can do for you, Lionel. I do recommend the book highly, if you are into the horror genre and won't mind the erotic element. What's wrong with Amazon anyway?

Thanks for visiting my blog and hope you'll come by again.

Yours sincerely,
Kampung Gal

-----------------------------------------------------
I got a job offer!!!! Woohooo!!!!! Might be interesting to post about all the steps of changing your employment, wouldn't it?

---------------------------------------------------------

That's all the news for today. Till we meet again on Kampung Gal in the City.

No comments: