Friday, December 30, 2005

Current update - 30/12/05

Another year another number... What's in a number anyway... I don't feel any different.


The past year has been eventful, for me at least. I finished my degree, though I don't feel any smarter. I got a new job, though I'm not sure if it's for the better yet. Got a part time job though I haven't seen the first cheque yet. My cousin got married, my brother got married, gained a new nephew, and I think I lost few kilos though I never intend to lose them.

Don't know what else to say so here's the normal monthly update...

Read: The Dumas Club by Arturo Perez-Reverte, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
Reading: Nicholas Nickelby by Charles Dickens
CD: None
Favorite song: Vehicle by Bo Bice
Playing: anything online
Watching: The Drew Carey Show

*No. of times asked if I have a boyfriend: 7
*No. of times asked when I will get married: 21 (approx)
*No. of times asked when I will have kids: 2
Note: * Since I started this blog of course. I've been getting these questions lots of times before but you can't honestly believe I would count them, right? I just thought of this lately. It's interesting to know the average number of times a single girl at a marriageable age get that million dollar question. I hope other single bloggers would do the same. Maybe we can write a thesis on it! I also change "ppl" to "times" since one person can ask all three questions.

Quesion no. 2 has turn into 'approx' because I lost count amidst the busyness of my brother's wedding. But man... can you imagine? 21 times a year? That's an average of almost 2 times per month. I wonder if it will increase when the age increases? Hmm... need more research.

I do have one conclusion though. Whenever I interact with a baby around a group of friends, the "Kau bila lagi?" [When's you turn?] question popped up. So I try to get as far away from a baby most of the time, especially when it's a friend's newborn baby. There are lots more people fussing over it anyway, I'm sure the baby can't stand one more.

Happy birthday to you too...

Eliza Dushku (Tru Calling, Buffy and one of my favorite movies, Bring It On)
Tiger Woods (Tiger who?)
Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang from Smallvile)
Tracey Ullman (comedy actress)

and also to those who could have celebrated their birthday today but just didn't live to see the day...
Rudyard Kipling (author of The Jungle Book)
Davy Jones (of The Monkees)

3 comments:

Willwolf said...

Happy New Year to you!!

Desparil said...

so.. you bila lagi? hohoho..

Kampung Gal said...

hohohoho???? bila nak jumpa santa clause ke? buat apa I nak jumpa santa clause??