Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Quick update

So!

My friend already make noise that my blog sudah "bersawang" already. Aiya... So hard to please everyone nowadays.

So!

I'll just make a quick post, record what's going on since I last blog, anything I forgot to mention, etc, etc...

First up!

I quit my job at the bookstore. Frankly, I like the job, I don't mind the workload (which is a lot!), I don't mind the hours (in fact I enjoyed it) BUT... I just can't stand the people.

I have to admit it, I'm not a people person. If someone were to come up to me with a stupid question, I get annoyed. If someone were to come up to me making unreasonable requests, I get annoyed, if someone get offended with something I said when I didn't mean to offend them, I get offended, if I pick up the phone and someone starts yelling for no reason, I WILL GET SUPER ANNOYED AND OFFENDED!!! I will also get super-duper annoyed if that caller started title-dropping, "Do you know who I am? I am Datuk *tttuuuuutttt*! I'm a professor!"

F*** you la, Datuk! I guess your 'profesor' and 'datuk' school didn't teach you any manners!

Ok .... ok.... deep breaths...

But...

That's all in the past now. I'm thinking I can still enjoy books without working at a bookstore. It's better for my mental and physical health anyway.

So!

Now I'm working at that TV station, doing translation or subtitles whatever you want to call it. Previously I was a part-time employee but they offered me a full-time position. It didn't come at a better time. I was so ready to blah....

Before, I may have dropped excuses that since I'm working 7 days a week, I don't have time to blog. But now... hehehe I still don't have to blog because.... because... because... okay just give me a day or two to give a good excuse. I need time to adjust. Yeah... that's my excuse. I need time to adjust my body clock to 9to5, 2 off days working mode. Ha ha ha... (bear with me, I haven't installed any smiley applications yet).

In the meantime, I also bought a new car, a Kelisa, black which I dubbed "The Grim Reaper". And since I got it on 30 Dec 2006, the poor thing got hit by a motorcycle when he was 3 months old. uhuk...uhuk... another sad thing is that I still haven't fix it.

I'm also a proud owner of an iPod video now. That thing is so great only those who have one know what it's like. I wonder what Pak Lah and Datuk Najib did with their iPods?

Coming up!

I'm hoping to update my photoblog with photos from my recent trip to Pulau Perhentian (We had so much fun) and maybe some photos from my upcoming trip to Singapore in November to visit that noisy friend of mine (I hope you're satisfied Nora Sakura!)

I may want to talk about a book that I recently entered into my favourite book list, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It was also the reason why I named my car "Grim Reaper". It is so wonderful, the best book I've ever read for such a long time. I can't stop talking and thinking about it. That's why I think the best way to let go of all this emotions is through blogging. If I've somehow incite your interest, you can go ahead and read it. I'm reading it for the 2nd time now. You can get the book at Kinokuniya for 25% until end of this month.

Lastly, you may know more about me in the future. I've registered to facebookand it's quite cool. I 'may' put a link to my facebook here. We'll see. I'm still shy la...

So that's it for now. See you in another... 6 months!

Just kidding or am I? (Shucks... there should be a smiley here)

2 comments:

eyeris said...

damn, i've been eyeing that Book Theif er.. book for ages, but have never gotten around to getting it. it's that good huh?

Kampung Gal said...

First of all, can't believe someone familiar would still visit me. Thanks!

well... i don't want to praise it too much. afraid you'd get disappointed if you expect too much out of it. But it's my best book of 2007, and some 5000 readers from amazon and fellow facebook members think so too ;)

get it from kino, it's 25% now. At least you won't feel it's such a waste if you didn't like it.