Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A sad year

Review: 6 Dec 2017
Something drew me to open up this post again. 10 years later. I don't know why. I knew it happened right after Nurin Jazlin died a gruesome death.
Where was I 10 years ago? Baru start keja Media Prima
"First, my friend's father" - My friend Peoih.
"Another friend's mother" - ??
"Father of my ex-boss" - ex-boss Sulaiman
September 2007 - who died? A guy close to my age? around 30 years old. fara's classmate - Tangkak

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember 2004 being a year of weddings.

And now I will remember 2007 as a sad year.

There were so many deaths this year. Not particularly close to me but I still feel the pain.

First was my friend's father. I knew him when I had a sleepover at her house. Then it was another friend's mother. Then, it was the father of my ex-boss.

Last month, a school friend died suddenly. It was really hard when someone close to your age pass away. I didn't know him that well. He was in the class next to mine so I saw him occasionally. My close friend was very close to him. So me being the very empathatic person that I am can't help but feel the loss. He had 3 kids.

One day, I was visiting all the blogs that I haven't visited for a long time. I was so shocked when I visited Along's Blog. She had another miscarriage, this is the second time this year. It's like once was not bad enough. But she's a strong person.

Then there was this heart-breaking, never-should-have-happened tragedy with Nurin. I think everyone of us is asking the same thing...

How could anyone do this to a child?


We can't even do it to an adult, let alone a child.

I guess humans ARE capable of doing ANYTHING. We are the only creature on earth who could kill each other for sport. Even the most ferocious animal wouldn't do that to their own kind. They only kill to survive. But we...

I am this close to losing my faith in mankind. Watching Criminal Minds every week does not help either. But I still believe.

Help me believe

and remember...

1 comment:

Kampung Gal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.