Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Treasures in my box

Yes I did it! I finally ransacked my dish barrel box last night.

I found some interesting 'treasures' that I never thought I had. I discovered I have a biography of Marilyn Monroe, a book with 29 of M.C. Escher's master prints, a 3-D puzzle book, An Intimate Anthology of Louisa May Alcott, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, a cloth bookmark of Abe Lincoln that I bought when I was in Washington DC and way at the bottom of the barrel, the reason that I scoured the box in the first place, Clive Barker's Imajica.

And boy, that book is big. I never knew how big it was, all 6' x 9' and 823 pages of it. Certainly not a book for airport reading.

However, among these delightful finds, I also discovered that I have two copies of Clive Barker's Books of Blood and two copies of Amy Tan's The Bonesetter's Daughter. They even have the same bloody cover. The only difference is that one of the Barker book is a hardcover and one of Amy Tan's book was a gift. But still!

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

I need a damn bookshelf!


Getting a bookshelf is not a problem actually. It's just the matter of WHERE to put it is a HUGE problem. You know how you will start to acquire more stuff as you live in the same house longer? Well, my family has been living in this house for the past 29 years. Just imagine the amount of twaddle, bunkum, tommyrot, hogwash, stuff and nonsense that we manage to amass in that period of time. I totally agree with what Oprah Winfrey once said years ago, "A house is really not a place to live in, it is actually a place to put all your stuff."

Anyway, I started the activity at 11PM and between Friends and Diari Akademi Fantasia, I managed to pull out the books that I wanted to read, and put the rest back into the box by 1AM. Of course, you cannot start on a book as big as Imajica as bedtime reading so I read The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh instead Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But I'm still pissed that I have 2 copies of those books.

No comments: